Built in the Argonne foothills during the 11th and 12th centuries, the Church of Our Lady of Mont-devant-Sassey is one of the most beautiful religious buildings in Lorraine. Despite lengthy periods of construction, wars and plundering, it has maintained its architectural integrity and sober elegance.
It houses treasures of Roman and Gothic architecture and sculpture : the choir and 12th century open crypt are remarkable. The late 12th century nave has been completely restored and the 13th century carved portal is the oldest and best preserved in Lorraine.
You can read here a scientific article published in 2017 in the magazine Renaissance du Vieux Metz et des Pays Lorrains by Nanou Bouillet, current president of the association les Amis de l’église de Mont.
To register as a member of the EMAs or complete our survey, follow this link : to join us.
Free entrance from may to septembre (guided visits)
- may, june and september : weekends and holidays from 14:30 to 18:00 ;
- july and august : daily from 14:30 to 18:30;
- during the year : guided tours by appointment : contact by mail or phone : +33 6 43 15 00 80.
Schedule 2023… … Detailed list
- Concert Trio Corrazon on 30 April 2023 20h00
- Chantier de printemps on 6 May 2023 8h00
- Journées Églises Ouvertes on 3 June 2023 10h00
- Conférence sur les oiseaux de nos jardins on 10 June 2023 17h00
- Chantier d’été on 24 June 2023 8h00
- Concert de la fête patronale on 14 August 2023 19h00
- Journées Européennes du Patrimoine on 16 September 2023 10h00
- Spectacle sons et lumières en nocturne, aux flambeaux on 16 September 2023 21h00
- Concert on 30 September 2023 21h00
- Chantier d’automne on 7 October 2023 8h00
- Mont Noël enchanté on 16 December 2023